The funicular of Castle Hill is a special railway in the 1st district of Budapest, one of the ways to get to the Castle.
A major part of the Danube vista in Budapest, it is listed on UNESCO world heritage. The bottom terminal is right at the Buda end of Széchenyi Chain Bridge, next to the Tunnel, while the upper terminal is between the Castle and Sándor Palace. The first inclined railway was built in 1862 in Lyon, and the one in Buda was built based on this model only eight years later. The tracks are 95 meters long and the total difference in levels is 50 meters. The Budavári Funicular was first operated by steam engines, and after recovering damages suffered during World War II, it re-opened in 1986, now operated by electricity.